PeopleSoft Fluid Sudoku
Build a Fluid Sudoku game with me, and you can build anything.
In the context of business software, a Sudoku puzzle seems a bit off topic. But as a developer learning a newer approach to software development, Sudoku is the perfect teaching tool.
Here are some of the challenges:
- Develop an user interface to present a sudoku puzzle in a perfectly aligned 9x9 grid, segmented into 9 smaller 3x3 boxes.
- Allow the player to enter numbers into the open cells, but block the cells that are given as the initial puzzle clues.
- Code the game’s rules, recognizing an error when a row, a column, or a 3x3 box contains a number more than once.
- Provide feedback to the user, showing a cell whose value that is in error, and highlight the puzzle area that is in violation of the rules.
- Make it look good on both a big desktop monitor, and on a smart-phone
You think you can do this in PeopleTools? Unless you know HTML, CSS3, Responsive Design, object oriented coding, and the Model View Controller design pattern, good luck.
Here’s the thing - I’m not teaching you how to build a Sudoku Puzzle. I’m showing you how to move from your current PeopleTools development expertise, to the techniques and patterns that you would use in any other development framework. PeopleSoft (and everybody else) is moving away from classic pages, It's time to learn how to build compelling self-service applications for the modern era. I promise - you build a Sudoku puzzle with me, you can build anything.
Let me show you how.
I am a Certified Advanced PeopleTools Developer who believes complex technical skills can be learned most effectively in a direct, show-by-example method. I have been doing PeopleTools development for over 10 years with clients in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. I know the skills a PeopleTools developer should posses, I know how to communicate these skills to you, and I understand the expectations that clients and hiring managers have of a PeopleTools developer.
PreviewBuild the Basics (6:49)
PreviewAdd a Homepage and Tile to Fluid Home (10:12)
PreviewAdd 81 Sudoku Cells (8:29)
PreviewThe CSS Box Model (15:36)
StartModify the Cell Attributes (23:12)
StartThe 9x9 Grid (17:07)
StartModel View Controller (4:15)
StartData Model (8:34)
PreviewBuild the Model (25:17)
StartBuild the Controller (28:27)
StartFundamentals Combined Project